SDI Sidemount Diver
The Sidemount Diver course is the perfect course for divers who want to turn to the increasingly popular sidemount diving equipment configuration. During the course you will be familiarized with the specific requirements and learn to find the optimal configuration for your application and location. The course teaches you the specific techniques, planning procedures and skills you need to dive safely with the sidemount device.
Prerequisites: 18 years old, Open Water Scuba Diver, Diving ability, 25 dives
Equipment Required: Equipment required for sidemount diving, with optional equipment available for a fee.
Required equipment is:
- Two independent tanks, adapted in volume to the dive and gas consumption.
- Each tank has a first and a second stage as well as a finimeter. The vending machines must be suitable for cold water.
- It is recommended to install a pair of long trousers on every second stage.
- The rigging of the tanks must be suitable for sidemounting to ensure correct water position and to stow the longhose safely without protruding to the outside.
- It must be a special sidemount harness. For a SDI sidemount course no ADV-, hybrid-, satbilisingjacket or similar is allowed. The harness including buoyancy aid must lie flat on the back and the buoyancy aid should be protected against damage from above.
- A redundant buoyancy aid is mandatory (dry suit or when used with a wet or semi-dry suit in the
warm water a lift bag).
- The diving suit must be adapted to the diving conditions.
- Mask and spare mask
- A buoy or a lifting bag
- A spool with min. 30m rope
The following skills must be demonstrated by the student during dives:
- Mask change
- Handling of the sidemounttanks
- Gas exchange with and without mask
- OOA situation with and without mask
- Set buoy
In order to successfully complete the course, the students:
- Demonstrate the open water skills safely and effectively.
- Demonstrate well thought-out, impeccable dive planning and execution.
There are no reviews yet.