TDI Entry Trimix
This course provides the necessary training and knowledge for planning and conducting dives with the mixed gases NITROX and TRIMIX (oxygen and helium enriched compressed air) up to a maximum dive depth of 60 meters including decompression stops.
Prerequisite: 18 years old, Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures Diver, diving fitness, min. 100 dives.
- Physics: review pressure theory, physiology: hypoxia, oxygen toxicity: whole body (OTUs), central nervous system (CNS), nitrogen narcosis, nitrogen and helium uptake and degradation, carbon dioxide toxicity, carbon monoxide, helium, HPNS effects on breathing, effects on insulation properties, counter diffusion, hyperthermia, hypothermia.
- Decompression options: Air, nitrox, helium
- Equipment considerations: Dive tank options, stage tank options, dry suit tank options, regulator options, harness/tare options, computer, depth gauge, automatic dive timer options, ascent and navigation lines (reel), lift bags/marker buoys for drifting or free decompression, lights, redundant mask and knife, Jon line
- Dive tables: Computer generated tables, DCIEM Heliox tables or other published tables.
- dive planning: standard procedure, support, teams: team planning, breathing gas requirements, oxygen limits, inert gas limits, contingency planning, missed decompression, oxygen toxicity, analysis and documentation
- general procedure: Bottom, travel and decompression gas, normal operation, error, loss or incorrect emergency procedure. analysis and documentation
- 4 dives, 2 of them deeper 40 meters - 100 minutes bottom time.
We start with the theory lesson and exam
In the following dives all skills from Adv. Nitrox & Deco Pro will be reviewed and skills will be brought up to Trimix level. All dives require a D12 or greater and at least two stage tanks.
Dry suit, wing and regulator with two 1st cold water capable stages is certainly clear. A main light and a back-up light should also be available.
Test dives: trimix dive with TX 21/35 (+40 meters) two decogases correct dive planning by the student, gas management, and ascent considering the decostages with two gas changes. Ascent reference may be the buoy rope, a boldsnap may be used as an ascent aid.
Final test dive, same as the previous ones but slightly deeper (+50 meters) and with TX 17/45.
Good to know:
Gas costs - due to the current steadily increasing helium costs, we cannot provide any information on this. For the practice dives in shallow water simple compressed air fillings are also sufficient at your expense.
Sea fees - possible sea fees and entrance fees.
In order to pass the course you will need to do test dives which cannot be done in the surrounding area due to lack of water depth. For this, for example, a weekend/3 days in Hemmoor or similar to plan, for these you then of course for your accommodation and food, etc. come up.
Timing and schedule:
The course schedule is arranged individually and in consultation with the instructor, appointments are made in advance for the theory and exam as well as practical practice sessions in the water.
Depending on how well this goes, the course is quickly completed. We favor a high level of skill above and under water and know from experience that most still need some practice between dives and usually do this with acquaintances.
For the exam dives a date arrangement with "short vacation" is necessary.